Saturday 27 December 2014

Underground lair

This last week was insane, I tell you! I finished my Econ paper (8 pages), handed in part of my bachelor work (10 pages), managed to clean the flat, bake all the necessary... And then had a nice weekend, full of cleaning but also culture. Sunday was the day of the Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. It was pretty good. I must say I really donť like the side plot with a lovestory between a dwarf and an elf, I think the elf girl has really stupid and cheesy lines, but despite that it was a good movie and I cried like a little girl. The best thing about Hobbit in our cinema was, that it started at half past five so there was still plenty of time afterwards. And we were hoping to see my friend's concert. He's a folk singer and songwriter, and his lyrics are just perfect. The concert was in an old mill that served as a community centre. It is not in a very good state but some rooms are fully functional. I wasn't sure about local supply of beverages so I warned Aleš that there might not be anything to drink. False alarm. The concert was in a room that looked like somebody's living room, bottles of beer were sold and it all looked like... Well I don't know, but the atmosphere and location looked the way I imagine the underground concerts. I mean, back in the communist regime in Czech Republic, most music was strictly controlled so all the "cool" kids who wanted to hear something out of mainstream, had to meet in secret, sometimes in barns or some old places, were often caught by police and stuff. I was born after this era ended (luckily!) but this concert made me think of it. Anyway, the first band (well second, but we didn't hear that one) was called "Kopec šišek", a Prague death-folk duo, that sometimes performs under different names. Then it was time for our friend to show up. The music was sloppy and in the end his guitar was terribly out of tune, but still it was great. Here are some photos.
Něco málo z koncertu Kopec Šišek a Raďouše v Táborském mlýně - komunitním centru Cesta:















































Yeah, they are all blurry and redish, but hey, it's an underground concert! Sorry for the long post...:)) I will make it up for you with a video... soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment